EX-KIAP NETWORK FORUM

an egalitarian discussion board for ex-kiaps, former colleagues such as didiman, chalkies, polis, ko-ops, dokta and whoever else wants to join in.
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: RIP J.J (John) Adams
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:37 pm 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 16 Feb 1965
After a long battle with cancer John died last Thursday 28/06/2018 surrounded by family and friends.

There will be a memorial service for him on Friday 06/07/2016 at 1030hrs in JG Walters Park Cleveland to be followed by light refreshments at 1130hrs in the Cleveland Bowling Club.

Vale John

Last edited by Terry Kelliher on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: RIP J.J (John) Adams
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:21 am 
Ex-Kiap

DOSS: 22 Mar 1965
John was on my course of March 1965, but after a short orientation course in Moresby our paths in TPNG never crossed again (although I found I have a foto of John shaving in the donga we stayed at in Moresby - don't ask me why a) I took the picture, b) why I still have it - I don't know.)
R.I.P. John

Post subject: Re: RIP J.J (John) Adams
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:01 pm 
Ex-Kiap

Also on recruit course with John but not posted to same District(Central) until after John had gone South. After his first Contract, John ended up at Macquarie Uni in NSW with a Bachelor of Education Degree and became a School Teacher until his retirement. After his wife passed away moved to Cleveland Qld a few years ago to be near his daughter Rachel. Had the pleasure of catching up with John a few times a year for lunch and chewed over old times of course. Regret I did not contact him more recently. RIP John.